Thursday, May 11, 2006

What a night!

Last night after his bath Bret was crawling around the living room playing. He was attempting to pull himself up on the couch, and lost his balance, falling backwards. He hit our coffee table, cutting the back of his head. I immediately panicked, because it was bleeding a lot (apparently heads do) and he was really crying, fortunately Matt was much more calm although still obviously quite concerned about his baby boy. We quickly rushed to the ER, where our poor baby needed five stitches! And believe me he let us all know he was not happy about that! We stayed for a little while to make sure he wasn't showing any signs of a concussion, and then had to wake him up every few hours during the night to make sure he was still okay (I think he was a little confused when we did this though, usually it's the other way around with him waking us up!). He's been fine today, although he does sometimes rub the back of his head with his hand so I've been giving him Tylenol. We're so thankful to God that our baby is okay and that nothing worse happened! It was quite the night though!

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I'm so glad that Bret is OK! How scary, especially since he cut himself too! He must have hit pretty hard to have to get 5 stitches- Poor Baby!!!
Samuel had me scared when he hit his face/ top of his head really hard on our coffee table, but thankfully there was no blood, because I was already panicky enough and called the Dr. I also had to check for a concussion, but he ended up being ok.

Thank the Lord he protects our little ones when they are unsteady! Thank the Lord he protects us when we are "unsteady" too!

betsy said...

How scary, I'm glad to hear he's doing lots better! Happy First Mother's Day!