Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bret is 8 months old!

I can hardly believe my baby is 8 months old already! He is getting to be such a big boy, and his hair is so blond now. The poor little guy was sick with a nasty cold and cough for about a week and a half, fortunately that is finally clearing up. I took him to the doctor a couple days ago and he is now on an antibiotic, which is helping. They weighed him at the doctor's off, and Bret now weighs 20 pounds! He's really been growing a lot this past month. He's also getting close to crawling. He scoots all over the place on his tummy, and gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. I'm sure he'll be crawling in no time! He's been babbling more and more too. Such an expressive little guy!
I'm 12 weeks pregnant now, and fortunately the morning sickness I was experiencing is beginning to lessen some. It was just so hard to get up in the mornings when I would always be feeling that crummy. I'll be having an ultrasound in a week and a half, so maybe we'll be able to tell whether Bret will be having a baby brother or a baby sister. Matt and I are really excited!

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

He is a beautiful blond haired, blue eyed babe :) Just look at those sparkling eyes, I bet you and daddy are the apples of those eyes :)
As for sickness, Samuel has been through the ringer the past few months too! He has had 2 ear infections, a few viral infections, and the beginnings of Pneumonia. And with those things, came many very sleepless nights for his mama. I am so hoping that our weather would break for good, but I heard we might be getting snow again this week AAAUUUGGH :P He is feeling better now and is sleeping again through the night, but I do have to say it has definately been a difficult season for sickness in our home this year!

I'm so glad that Bret is feeling better. It is hard dealing with a sick baby, and then compounding it with pregnancy sickness, yikes! :)

Carmichael Family said...

Look how blonde that little guy is getting! Such a cutie! He's blonde haired and blue eyed like Heather now. :) Speaking of Heather, maybe she has the same nasty cough Bret does; I had to take her to the doctor last week, and she has bronchitis! I hope Bret is feeling better soon!
Blessings,
Catherine