Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Watching Bret grow

Bret is growing so much! His hair is turning blonde. When I took him in for his 6 month check-up last week he weighed 18 pounds 5 ounces! Such a big boy already! He's such a little cutie. He loves to smile and flirt with anyone, and will do almost anything to get picked up. He always gets excited when Daddy comes home from work each night. Bret can army crawl on his tummy pretty well now - yesterday I put him in the living room on a blanket with some toys, and I came back a few minutes later to find him over by the couch! I'm sure not used to him being able to move around! It's really weird to think that Bret will be a big brother later this year. He's still a baby! I go for my first doctor's appointment this week, so it will be exciting to hear how our next little one is doing and confirm his or her due date. Bret will be about 14 months when the baby is born.

3 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Samuel learned to crawl late, he has only been doing it for a month (when he turned 9 months old). He is so fast now! I loved it when I could sit him on the floor to play with toys, and he wouldn't go anywhere. Now he likes to explore the house- which is okay because he doesn't get into too much mischief SO FAR but I definately have to chase him, and keep an eye on him alot more than before!
Don't you love it when Bret's face lights up, smiles, and wants to be picked up by you?? I can't get enough of it! :)

Carmichael Family said...

I remember always having to get used to my babies become mobile. They just don't stay where you put them anymore! Just wait till he really starts crawling...or walking for that matter!

betsy said...

Aww, my sweet baby nephew is learning to crawl already?!? And he's getting so big! Six months old! Cute pictures. :)