Sunday, September 24, 2006

It has been a long time!

Wow, are we behind on blogging or what?!? Bret is almost 14 months old now (pictures to come soon) and I have less than three weeks to go till baby #2 makes her appearance! We are so excited! I haven't blogged much lately because between chasing an active toddler all over the place (yes, Bret is walking and running everywhere now!) and being 8+ months pregnant, by the end of the day I just don't have very much energy. This afternoon Matt had to run to the hardware store (he's fixing a leak in the faucet) so he took Bret with him, which has at least given me a little break. Bret is just into everything...I try to babyproof things, but then he has figured out how to climb up onto chairs, the sofa, I even found him on the table a couple days ago! So I have to keep a constant eye on him, and he just hates to be confined (in his playpen or crib) or even in his bedroom with the child gate up. He is just such an active, busy little guy. He's started talking a little too. He says "Mama" "Dada" "Hi" "Oh-oh" and "Ball".
I'd better go rest for a little bit as I know "the guys" will be home soon. I'll try to update more often, especially as the baby's due date approaches!

2 comments:

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, you are getting so close, I bet you just can't wait to meet your precious little GIRL! Is Bret excited about being a big brother? :)

Full of Grace said...

Hi Ashley,
You may have a beautiful baby girl right now, and if you do then CONGRATULATIONS! If not, then I'm sure it will be very soon!

I know what it is like to have a little one who is in constant motion. Samuel also goes across the house and up and down the stairs so quickly that I have a hard time keeping up with him. Then Faith (the little girl I take care of) does the same thing during the day- Talk about Double Trouble!!!

I hope all is well, and when you feel up to it, come visit my new blog fullofgracenblessingsinabundance.blogspot.com